Masdar City Solar PV Plant
The Masdar City Solar Photovoltaic Plant is the largest of its kind in the Middle East. The facility produces about 17,500 megawatt-hours of clean electricity annually and offsets 15,000 tonnes of carbon emissions per year. The plant consists of 87,780 multicrystalline and thin-film modules supplied by Suntech and First Solar.
The solar PV plant is one of several projects in Masdar’s domestic portfolio.
- Facility area: 210,000 square metres
- Equipment: 87,780 modules (18,228 by Suntech, 69,552 by First Solar)
- Installed capacity: 10-megawatt peak
- Energy generation: 17,564 megawatt-hours annually
- Emission reductions: 15,000 tonnes annually